REACH Presents our 3rd Annual Research to Practice Conference:
Teaching Morphology to Target Reading, Comprehension and Writing Development in the Classroom or Clinic
Join us on Oct. 20, 2017 to explore integration of morphemic awareness in the classroom or resource centre, supporting students at Tier 1, 2 or 3 of intervention. Research identifies the importance of morphemic awareness for literacy development, but often teachers are left without information about prefixes, suffixes and roots and without direct practical materials to enable teaching of these elements so that students (and teachers) enjoy the process. Our OG/MSL team will provide hands-on, multisensory activities so that teachers come away with understanding morphology and will be able to integrate structured lessons and fun, multisensory activities the following Monday! Suitable for educators supporting students in classrooms or resource support in grades 1 through 9.
This is a practical, hands on session. Teachers love our information; students love the activities the teachers will be able to provide!
Early bird - before Sept. 25: $109 After Sept. 25: $129 Group discount available!
- 8:30am to 9:15am > Registration
- 9:15am to 9:30am > Introductions
- 9:30am to 10:45am > Session 1. Understanding Morphology & Vocabulary Development
- 10:45am to 11:15am > Nutrition Break (provided)
- 11:15am to 1:00pm > Session 2. Morphology for the primary classroom
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm > Break for Lunch (on your own)
- 2:00pm to 3:25pm > Session 3. Morphology for the intermediate classroom
- 3:25pm to 3:30pm > Closing Comments
PINNACLE HOTEL at the PIER
138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver, BC, V7L0A7